Social media marketing and content marketing go together like peanut butter and jelly, peas and carrots, salt and pepper, bacon and eggs… and so on. While they are good on their own, they are best when paired together, and even more effective. Social media marketing and content marketing are crucial components of a digital marketing strategy. Let’s dive into the benefits of both and see how to combine the two to take your digital marketing strategy to the next level.
Understanding the functions of both…
Content marketing and social media marketing both serve different purposes. Content marketing helps you improve your search engine optimization while positioning yourself as a thought leader in your industry. It also helps you to develop and define your brand voice. Social media marketing allows you to have a two-way conversation with your customers and is a channel to distribute your content beyond your website. This is why social media marketing and content marketing go together so well. Content marketing fuels the posts that you can distribute on social media and social media conversations among your audiences can fuel topics that you write about. Therefore, the more that you intertwine the two tactics, the more you can maximize the success of both.
Making them work together…
To make your social media marketing and content marketing work together, there are several questions you must pose for your brand.
- What should the audience know about your brand – what is the niche that it serves?
- What do my customers care about, want to know or need to know?
- What information can I offer that gets my audience what they need?
- How does my audience consume content?
- What social media does my audience use?
- What are my goals with social media marketing and content marketing? (Conversions, web traffic, brand awareness, time on page, click through rates, etc.)
- How will we track and measure results towards our goals?
All of these questions are ones that you should answer in order to have a social media marketing and content marketing strategy that is best for your brand. The right combination of social media and content marketing can make all the difference in your success as a business and can be done at a relatively low cost in comparison to digital advertising or traditional advertising.
If you’re interested in improving your social media marketing and content marketing strategies, Gaber Marketing Studios is your go-to expert in Central New York.